CHAMP SHOW 2019 CRITIQUE
The Swedish Vallhund Society Ch Show
31st August 2019 held at Birmingham City Ch Show
Many thanks to the Society for the invitation to judge the show and to exhibitors for the entries and sporting attitude to placings.
I judged the SV Ch Show 25 years ago and times have changed. Back then we had a much more even type in the breed and more dogs. Sadly no puppies are in the ring at the moment. Today we see dogs made up in to Champions very early but this is a very slow maturing breed so don’t be in too much of a hurry!
Temperaments and mouths were good. I would like better eye shape, they should be oval and many had straight shoulders. Movement should be free and flowing. Please don’t bait dogs on the table, nothing worse for a judge than a dog with a mouth full of food!
Some dogs were very out of coat and some over weight. Must congratulate the young handlers on the great job they did today the adults could take a leaf out of their book!!
Veteran Dog(5/3). Best class of the day. These three Champion males are fine examples of how a mature Vallund should be in every sense.
1. Allsops Ch Eldhastens Bobbo Viking (Imp Swe)SHCM 12.5 Super boy.Good head and neck. Great topline for one of his age. Body type and sound. Moved so well. Best Veteran in Show
2. Amon Ch Swed and Fin Svedala Billy Busvader at Pepperthyme (Imp Swe) nearly 9. Great favourite of mine. Super head and mask markings, great topline. Good body shape and sound. Just not the forward reach of 1 today. Father of my DCC winner and DRCC winner.
3. Howe Ch Starvon Veni Vidi Vici SHCM 8.5 another super Ch. Good coat lovely head and neck. Good body shape and sound would like him just a bit firmer in topline.
Post Grad Dog(3/2)
1. Allen Kintalis Tangled in Tinsel of Kitsam 20mths Good size,good head with good mask markings. Harness markings good, topline and body shape good but real”teenager” so giving the appearance of being quite rangy. Sound, good on the move a lot come be interesting to watch as he matures.
2. Hackney Starvon Bring It On. 2yrs Good size and head nice reach of neck. Fair topline and body shape. Sound. Would like to see him move out more. Think then his body would let down and give a better picture.
Limit Dog (5)
1. Baillie Pepperthyme Winter Storm 4.5 yrs Super head and mask marking. Good reach of neck and topline correct body shape. Good harness markings. Sound. Lovely type of dog moved well but would have liked him to use himself more in front. RCC
2. Pallatina Starvon Dark Knight at Valltineya 2yrs Nice head but would like more markings. Young dog who is now bodying up as he should. Good body shape and topline. Sound and moved well
3. Thorjakker Ordlaf Orsa 5 yrs This dog was extremely hard to assess due to novice handling. But on the whole had a fair head and body. Won this place on being sound and very good on the move.
Open Dog (4)
1. Pallatina Ch Starvon All Eyes on Me at Valltineya nearly 4yrs. Good head and reach of neck. Lovely mask and harness markings. Medium size with good topline and super shape. Sound and moved well. Really went well today hence DCC and Best in Show
2. Perry and Etches Ch Starvon Cryptic Spyda 2 yrs Full brother different litter to 1. Good head and mask markings. Good body and harness markings. Sound and moved well. Very like his brother just preferred reach of neck and front movement of 1. I am sure they will often change places.
3. Ch Meddobe Spice’s Endeavour not quite 3. Good size with Good head and reach of neck. Good markings. Longer cast than other 2. Good body shape, would like him I harder condition. Sound and moved very well
1. Thorjakker Topsy Turvy at Valladar nearly 8. Sweet bitch with nice head and markings. Could have a better reach of neck. Good body shape and topline. Sound and moved well. Reserve Best Veteran
2. Amon NL CH Onderaan De Gele Berg Yilra at Pepperthyme (Imp Nld) 12yrs Light in colour but still correct. Pretty bitch that really enjoyed her day tail wagging all the time! Lovely dark eye good body and sound moved well.
3. Day Yosemite Swift River at Starvon. 7.5 yrs very opposite to 2 in colour being dark and not a lot of markings. Not in full coat but still good shape very sound and good on the move. Handled well by young handler.
Junior Bitch (1)
1 Wilton Meddobe Anna Travis 17 months. Very pretty bitch with lovely dark eyes. Good head and neck. Good marking. Good body but would like harder condition. Sound, moved well.
Graduate Bitch (1)
1. Dodd Tanellis Bloomin Primrose 18 mths Nice head would like a bit more neck. Good markings in very hard condition.Good body sound and moved well.
Post Grad Bitch (4,3)
1. Howe Danga’s Diva X-Dotter of Valaller (Imp Swe) 2.5 yrs Good colour and markings. Loved her size. Good body but still young so time to let down alittle. When allowed to, move moved well and was sound. RBCC
2. Zbilut & Yacomen Starvon Déjà Vu. Just 2. Lovely feminine bitch. So very out of coat but still maintained her lovely body shape. Sound and moved well.Just needs time. Lovely to see her young handler doing such a great job.
3. Sibley Chipsmakers Que Sera Sera at Thorjakker (IMP Swe) 3yrs Smaller than first 2. Good markings would like more of her but moved well.
Open Bitch (6)
1st Diamond Ch Eriksfjord Aurora Charm SHCm 3.5 yrs. Smart pretty girl. Good Marking. Very hard condition. Not a big bitch. Good topline and shape very sound and moved well BCC.BOS RBIS
2. Amon Ch Pepperthyme Theodora 6 yrs Feminine head. Lovely body shape and sound moved well.
3. Dodds Ch Hursfield Renen Vixen at Tanellis 4.5 Good head and neck. Longer cast than first 2 and not in her best dress. Sound and move well
Rosie Peacock-Jackson (Kirkholme)
The Swedish Vallhund Society 2019 Special Award Classes